Swati CA

Swati_CA column in The Hindu Business Line

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

We are a nation that's very much into outsourcing. Or, so I thought...


Are bankers protesting in vain against outsourcing?
We are a nation that's very much into outsourcing. Or, so I thought, till I saw a noisy demonstration by bank employees protesting against outsourcing. Banking operations, especially the clearing work, got hit, but on the roads it seemed to be business as usual.
Not far away, were busy executives, both men and women, from the BPOs in the neighbourhood, hurriedly catching a bite at the nearest kiosk, before heading back to work, after the lunch break.
Voices against outsourcing, especially the offshore variety, used to be heard off and on from the developed countries. Not so, the bankers' strike, which was anti-outsourcing, within the country.
"Are they fighting a losing battle?" I wondered, even as I resumed my journey to office.



More

1 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice thoughts.....

    nice to read ur blog....
    why dont u write more often:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home