Swati CA

Swati_CA column in The Hindu Business Line

Monday, May 22, 2006

'Most savage and unnatural!


How heartless it is to let cops thrash unarmed students!
During the week, I volunteered to help out at a makeshift pandal where agitating medical students were providing attention to sick patients. Using the skills that I'd learnt as a girl guide and thereafter from Red Cross, I monitored temperatures, filled in the columns of case sheets, and measured blood pressure. Meanwhile, outside the pandal, striking doctors and students were staging a noisy protest. All of a sudden, there was some scuffle and the next thing I saw was the heartless thrashing by cops of unarmed students. 'Most savage and unnatural!' I told myself, remembering a line from King Lear.
More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home