Swati CA

Swati_CA column in The Hindu Business Line

Monday, July 10, 2006

You will be nearer to heaven through football than through the study of the Gita


If only we stopped living in our status silos, at least for a brief while

On Wednesday evening, when the weather was unusually humid indoors, I decided to venture out to the nearby playground, adjoining a Corporation primary school, with a football I had brought from my recent trip to Germany. Idly, I was trying out a few shots at the goal, as if preparing for a penalty shootout moment. "Give me chance, akka," called a little girl who had come from the surrounding bunch of huts.
Well, we both took turns at the goal, and soon enough, there were six to seven children from the locality joining the game. They were all poor, coming as they did from what most of us would brand as slums.


More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home